Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Hello-lo!
Happy Valentines Day, everyone!!

In Japan, Valentines Day is a day when girls give chocolates to boys and confess their love to them.
So, all boys are waiting anxiously :)
This is the historical way, but nowadays, girls started exchange "Tomochoco" which is exchanging chocolate among friends.
I used to make chocolate when I was a student. When I was an elementary school student, 6 girls including me liked one boy, so we went to his house after school and gave him a chocolate, but he didn't like sweets, so his mom ate all the chocolates!! lol

In exchange, boys give girls sweets next month. We call it "White Day". Popular sweets are marshmallows, because of advertisements from sweets companies, but when I was a kid, I didn't like it so much so if I got chocolate or other things I was happy~! lol

I thought other countries are same way but I found out it's really different!!

Also, in Christmas in Japan, we eat Kentucky Fried Chicken instead of Turkey. Because we don't eat Turkey in Japanese culture so it's really hard to get it and also advertisement of KFC!!
Because of the image of family get together and eating KFC, Sushi, and Christmas Cake. We all believe that's how you spend Christmas!!! lol

Japan and western countries are too far to know the full truth of their customs.
Japanese people are still enjoying the events so I guess it's ok~ :)


No comments:

Post a Comment